Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Would Like to Poll the Audience

I am horrible with job interview etiquette, so I thought I would turn to you for advice. Okay, here’s the scoop. I had a job interview with a small law firm a couple days before Jack was born. (June 22 to be exact) As with most interviews, things seemed to go well, and I left feeling good about the interview. Roughly, three weeks later, I contacted one of the partner's to see where they were with their hiring decision. I was told that they were still working their way through the interview process (probably not a good sign) and they would contact me one-way or another once a decision was made. I still have not heard anything, and I was thinking about calling again. It is a good opportunity and I would like to know one way or another so we can plan accordingly. Is it inappropriate to call again?

It just seems like it has been a long time since the interview. To be fair, they stated that they had to work out some internal logistical issues and all the attorneys are very busy. It just may be that they are in a position where they do not need to rush a hiring decision.

Anyway, I would appreciate your two cents.


How Long Should I Wait Before Making a Second Call Back?
Within 2 weeks.
Give it another month or so.
Don't call back, they already said they would contact you.
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home